Sunday, August 5, 2012

You Against Me by Jenny Downham



What are you supposed to do when your brother is accused of rape, and you know the truth?
How do you protect your sister when she claims she was the one who was raped?

When Mikey McKenzie's sister claims she was raped by Ellie Parker's brother it starts a whirlwind of emotions and heartache for both Mikey and Ellie. When they met, all Mikey was trying to do was get close to Tom Parker, if only to pummel his face in. But when he starts feeling things for Ellie that he's never felt for any girl, things start to get complicated. When Ellie realizes she feels the same things, things really take a turn for the worst. Through the stress of accusations and lies, Ellie and Mikey somehow find a way to overcome their fears and fall in love.

With a tense and romantic plot, this book left me wanting more. I finished this book in no time at all. Two thumbs up, I would say. It was one of those books where I know I will remember it, but I am not so sure anyone else will. I loved how the story didn't drag and it was perfectly paced, but some people may not feel the same way I do about the pacing of books. If you love young adult romance with a dash of mysterious truth, then this book is a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment