Sunday, August 12, 2012

100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson


Another journey, another great read! While I was away in the land they call "The Oregon Coast" I got to embark on another fun book with an exciting plot.I thoroughly enjoyed how young this book made me feel. There was no complicated romance or mind numbing mystery, just a young boy who found a fantastic adventure!

This book has been sitting on my book shelf for who knows how many years! And as soon as I picked it up and started reading, I thought to myself  "Why have I waited this long to read this book?" I felt like a kid again, reading a book simply for the fun of reading. The writer's imagination blew me away! How many people can say "Hey, I just thought of an idea! What if we had magical cupboards that took you to different worlds and different dimensions?" Not many. It was so brilliantly imaginative that you could tell the writer is genuinly thoughtful and not just groping around in the dark for an idea.

After his parents are kidnapped and held for ransom, Henry is shipped off Henry, Kansas for the summer, where his aunt and unce live, along with their three daughters. His attic bedroom doesn't hold much excitement, until he hears a strange thumping and sees a strange doorknob protruding from his ceiling. As he starts exploring he uncovers 99 cupboards, all with their own dimensions and secrets. But not everything is as it seems and Henry is getting himself in way deeper than he wants. With the help of one of his cousins, he uncovers secrets about himself, the cupboards, and things that should never be meddled with.

No comments:

Post a Comment